Thread: Upgrade parts
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 11:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing Cobra
Send a message via Yahoo to SACoupe
Not Ranked     

Maybe the guys who are whining about what a problem these cars are should think about the following.
I own a number of classic american cars...and each and everyone is restored to close to mint condition.......these include a 65 Mustang Fastback....Studebakers( Hawks and Larks), chevy trucks and a couple of1930's Model A Fords.
One thing they all have in common..........They need to have hands kept on them to keep them this way......All of the above restored cars need way more attention than my BDR cobra does!!!
They need regular tuning and servicing and small adjustments and repairs done along the way...........ALL THE TIME.
Guys IF you want a car that needs NO attention....Buy a damn Chevy or BMW. hell for that matter even buy a Corvette.

If You have problems with Your BDR take it up with the dealers, If YOu get no JOY there, try the factory next. I have KNown Tony and the guys at the factory to be ever helpful even with my last cobra which didnt even come from their factory. Service has Always been excellent. and remember......you catch more birds with honey than vinegar......

I have been involved in one way or another with Cobra's for a few Years now, The BDR wasnt my first cobra,but it is by far the best of the lot, and as you all know there are quite a few manufacturers here in SA, so If you think the grass is greener at the other manufacturers...........Think again......Been there done that.

And NO I DONT WORK for Backdraft or TR tec............I am just as happy as a pig in palestine about their product and their service.....MY new BDR has now got over 1000 Kms on it....the only hassle I had was that the car was TOO soft as far as a semi racer goes.......BUt now I have grown to like it that way.....and I wouldnt swop my BDR for any other.........

These cars have never been professed as being anything else than a lightly camouflaged racecar handbuilt for the street. so treat it as such.......Like I said, if u want luxury and ease of motoring with as little, or no attention, as possible needed to the car ...LOOK to Chevrolet and BMW etc etc....

Tony and the guys at the Factory.......you guys are doing a sterling job........and I agree you cannnot keep everyone happy all of the time....But damnit man you guys are keeping nearly all of us BDR owners happy MOST of the time.....Keep it up.
For every car that comes out of the factory there is one happy customer.....but every now and then you get one that just no matter what u do .....he will not be happy....and its never through anything that he does to the product,....Thats Life.......

UNCLE TODD: just a note here..........I have read some of your previous posts...it seems to me that you have had untold amounts of unhappiness with this BDR of Yours.........even Ford and Chevy have cars that come out of their factories that are problem or "jinxed" cars. I dont know the reason for all the problems you are having, but I do not know of EVEN one BDR in SA that has a quarter of the troubles you are having, do u think your off road excursions in Gunrack could have anything to do with this......

What do I do when and if I have a problem car????....I sell it and move on....................replace it or fix it.........NO problem.....thats Life

Cobras will ALWAYS need special care and attention, IF you didnt realise this when u bought yours ,,,,,,, maybe now is a good time to consider a Corvette.

NOW can we get back to the parts list..............NOT that I need it ....MY car has all the latest goodies in it...... :0