View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

It's not a question of "good" or "right" but rather what's commonly expected and accepted in a Cobra. There's no arguing that a Chevy engine makes a Cobra difficult to sell. Not saying that's a good thing or bad, but it's just the way it is. An automatic also makes a Cobra more difficult to sell. Take a Cobra with a Chevy AND an automatic, and you have a dramatically reduced target market.

Other than perhaps shoddy workmanship (which certainly does NOT appear to be the case here) , non- Ford engines and automatics are probably the two biggest impediments to selling a Cobra. You unfortunately have both. I say unfortunately only in reference to the ease of selling your Cobra. I'm sure it's a really cool car to drive, it's just going to be a tough sell. Again, not throwing darts here, the situation just is what it is. I wish you the best of luck in your sale. Be patient, and the right buyer will eventually find you. Don't get discouraged. As my Dad used to so eloquently say, "There's an a$$ for every seat." Hang in there.