View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     

o.k. I gotta jump in. Sid you did the right thing you built it the way you wanted it. I have in my current collection of 22 cars. 4 fords, one buick, and one pontiac all with chevy motors in them. and I am seriously looking at puting in an automatic in one of my two cobras that will get built this next winter. I am looking to make a car that drives and handles the way I want it. not to suit anyone else. knowing that my buddy down the street is giving me grief for considering the auto, and as well as going with under the car exhaust. and heaven forbid I am thinking of wrinkle paint on the dash to match my 67 mg.

and if there was anyway possible I could get your car from indiana to california and get it registered here without all the legal mumbo jumbo I would buy that car in a minute.

I have been building cars for 30 years, and consult with dozens in the hobby and I always tell people to build the car the way you want it. do not build it for the next person. why have a car that you cannot enjoy.

do not get discouraged, sometimes it takes time to find the right person. lots of tire kickers out there that can only dream. unfortunately it just takes time to find that person. hang in there. and I my hat is off to you for building it the way you wanted it. hopefully you can sell it soon so I do not have to figure out a way to come buy it and drive or ship it to california.

and as said there is no right or wrong, I am always getting grief from the purists cause I did it my way and not there way. happy motoring.