View Single Post
Old 07-29-2001, 03:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

I am not a scientist nor a mathematician, but can only imagine the Cd on a Cobra is like a brick or barn door at speed !! pick a number, any number, and it will be far more than many modern day family barges/sedans today that are in the .28 to .32 range as I recall (at one time the Taurus was about a .30). At any rate, I can imagine with no scientific data on my part that a windscreen would vastly improve the frontal air flow and reduce the Cd but can also only imagine the terrific beating the drivers (and passenger if any) head would take in wind buffeting at high speeds ! The several lower aero looking curved windscreens I have seen on racing versions look great but talk about the head /neck getting buffeted by the wind !!! Not sure if I gained 15 mph and went from 135 to 150 mph top speed (or whatever) due to windscreens that it would be worth it to me vs bodily impact etc of the head now being the 'drag' ! Will be interested in what the scientists think of the real facts of this question vs my 'guessing'. Bill (windshield protected)