View Single Post
Old 07-29-2001, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill

I have an USRRC type windscreen on my car now. (see a picture in the cars for sale section, ERA427 by a427sc, dated 7-22.

The top of my screen is horizontal, level with the ground. It curves back at an angle and leans in also (Quite a feat of metal shaping by the resto shop that did it!). When I drive, I look over the shield, as all I can see thru it is about 4 feet in front of the car.
I get no buffeting or shake at all with my helmet on. With out the helmet, the wind hits me right at the hair line, giving me that 100mph hair style. My glasses never even jiggle (from the wind at least). Rain flys over mostly as well. I found more buffeting with the full windshield and wind wings (no helmet) as the wind hits you from behind and my hair flew in my eyes.

Now the passenger, well thats another story. The wind comes off the hood and hits them in the upper chest and really knocks their head all over, as you have noted.

As to speed increase, I couldn't see much of a change as my car will hit redline in top gear,(6500 with the 428 and 7500 with the
427, 3.54 rear).

But I really like it and it changes the look of the car dramatically.

Don