View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm running the high riser (OEM 1964) heads and 2X4 intake. When I first got the car it had a 'bad to the bone' solid roller and LOVED 7000. The cam profile was so radical it was a tough to drive comfortably on the street below 3000 plus rpm, and would just explode with power from 4000 up.

Out with the old, in with a new flat tappet 1800 to 6200 rpm range cam. Now I KNOW that cam falls far short of what my intake and heads will SUPPORT as far as horse power goes. And it is STILL a little rough in the morning (that intake has no heat riser built in to it) until it warms up good. Idle speed needs to be 900 or higher to be 'comfortable'. It could be the cam (Comp Cam 292S, nice lumpy idle) or it could be the BIG ports/head/cam combo. It's definitly OK on the street, but not perfect, just something a guy has to get used to.

I love the 2X4 look, and the Tunnel style intake is also right there for that 'cool' factor.

Heck the car STILL runs in the 11's, the mpg is TWICE what I used to get and streetability aint bad. I'd go for the Tunnel!