View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

I'm all for changes like this.

But...they should give members plenty of notice. Like being told at the previous Nationals that their would be extra requirements next year.

Doing it on a time based method is seriously inadequate in my opinion.

Do the slower drivers on the track really have less risk of serious injury? Considering most of the fastest drivers have a lot of race km's under their belt, would they be any more risk. Speeds are greater of course, but they have more experience. You could argue that both ways.

Considering the Nationals are getting oversubscribed, it's a good time to bring in these measures.

Race rubber suggestion is a good start, but would it force some vehicles back to street rubber and being pushed too hard on street rubber. Do we limit the events that vehicles are allowed to compete in? e.g. limit sprints to roll cage and/or race harness only vehicles.

And what the GT40's, they are just as unsafe. Very few have rollbars. That fibreglass roof area isn't exactly structural. Most have harnesses though, thank god.

Do we work on a point system? So many points for what level roll cage you have? So many points for level of harness? So many points for wrist restraints? So many points for race clothing - suits, gloves etc? So many points for race seats? You've just got to meet the minimum level of points.

It also wouldn't hurt to have trophy/s or rewards for the safest Cobras. A good way to help promote safety at the event.

Last edited by 400TT; 05-15-2007 at 03:33 PM..