CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCC
Wazza,

thats one hell of a driveway you have at home

If you don't mind can you send me a pm with the cost of your hard top. I presume you got it from Yatala??

Hi Pete...

Where was my keenest "Show and Shine" pommy on the weekend...

MacLeans Bridge was on, and there was no PCC !!??

Re : The Hard Top;
Doesn't need to be a PM...Im o.k. to pass on any info that might help.

I got the original roof in very basic form from Laurie Bongailis in Victoria, for , I Think, around $450-00 - $480-00??...something like that.

I Then took it to George Ferguson "Fergies Fine Finishes" here at the Gold Coast.

Unfortunately George has pulled up stumps and is on an around Australia Pilgrimage, so he can't do it for you, but I'm sure if you talk to either Warwick Harrison, or Peter Ransom, they'll be able to put you on to their Fibreglasser to make the roof.

With the painting, and a fair bit of mucking around in glassing, and fitting, including inserting stainless steel mounting brackets all around, and the fitting of the perspex back window, ( Available from Ozvenom...Scotty Hampson for about $180 "ish")...I think the final figure was a bit over $2,000.

It might have been a bit of EXTRA messing about with my car, because my roll bars are a bit thicker steel than standard, and consequently the roll of the hoop is higher than normal roll bars, which then resulted in having to build up the rear of the hard top, to clear the hoops.

This changes the look of the roof a little, making it sit on a bit of a "rakish angle" , but I was happy with it in the end, and convinced myself that it had a bit of a VIPER look about it, with the back sitting a bit higher .

Served us well on it's maiden voyage, which was the trip down to the Nationals last year, where we enjoyed six hours of downpour soon after we left Warwick.
Takes a couple of minutes to throw on ..or off.. and is VERY much needed in our Queensland summer.

Not too worried about getting wet occasionally, but sitting in the car without a roof, when it's 44 degrees in Sunny Queensland, makes you appreciate the shade that the hard top gives you.

Also , it looks like a different car with the roof on, and throwing the roof on every so often, is a bloody sight cheaper than buying different mags just to change the look of the car .( Currently on my 4th. set of differnt mags in 4 and a half years....and sadly looking at some awesome Dragway mags I've fallen in love with)

Lucky I'm great in bed, or the redhead would've flicked me years ago.

Regards,

Warren.