View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca
Does anyone have any pics of how a hardtop attached at the screen and the back - and also how clean it looks one removed (ie, what hardware attaches to the body).

Cheers.

I'll attach a bunch of photos that I just took this morning for you.

Hopefully they will help a bit.

For a bit more detail, have a look at my gallery, and the same photos have foot notes that might help.
I've written a quick explanation on each one, but basically I have stainless mounts glassed into the roof, which sit over the top corners of the windscreen surrounds, and another clip which sits on the middle / top of the windscreen surround, with nutserts to hold firm.

I've also had two shafts built in/glassed in to the back corners, which insert into my existing mounts for my soft top.

These two shafts then have drilled holes at 90 degrees, which locate or hold the roof at the exact height away from the paint, to allow a soft weather strip to snugly fit down on the painted surface.

Putting on the hardtop is as simple as gently placing the front of the roof over the windscreen surround, and then pushing the two back shafts into the holes normally used for the soft top.

Then I have stainless hexhead threaded bolts that I put one in each corner of the windscreen top, and two in the centre locating inserts, and one in each of the holes in the rear mount, that hold it at the correct height.
With these six small bolts in place, it doesn't move.

Regards,

Warren