View Single Post
Old 07-30-2001, 10:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 460 crate motor (525hp), custom billet dash, carbon fiber, Blue w/white stripes. Gotta love it!
Not Ranked     
Default A DIFFERENT KIND OF GET TOGETHER on 8/19/01

A friend of mine (Spike Perigo) runs a foundation called "The DOCS Foundation". It stands for "Diabetes On the Cure in Seattle". They are a non-profit organization seeking a cure for diabetes. They have a website at www.docsfoundation.org

Anyhow, the organization is compromized of Harley Davidson owners and enthusiasts. They are a bunch a neat guys and gals riding mostly $20k+ Harleys and Indians. They are putting on a big event (600+ bikes expected) this August 19 and they are begging me to bring Club Cobra members. Unlike the bikes, they aren't requiring any donations whatsoever from us (a little something might be nice though). They just feel like Cobra's and Harley's have a lot in common, they're both loud and they both rattle apart on long road trips. Seriously, they want this event to grow and Cobra's seemed like a natural progression.

More on the event; it will be held at Mariner High School in Everett (200 12th St. SW) starting at 8:00a.m and running to noon. They will have breakfast, live music (Smokin' Gun and The Pump Girl's), Squatch from the Sonics will be there riding his Harley, Pat Benatar will be signing autographs, John Carlson (former candidate for Govenor and commentator) will be there, and some other surprise celebrities? Then at noon the whole pack dissenbarkes to Darrington to the Classic Rock Festival. At that point, we can follow the pack of Harley's and go to the concert or do anything we please.

Those of us who want to follow and go to the rock concert are welcome, but should make the $50 minimum donation for the concert and lunch. It sounds fun to me, and its nice that it starts early and if you want to head home at noon you still have the rest of the day to burn.

They want to know how many spots to reserve for us at the High School? I've told them one for sure, but I'd love to tell them a lot more. I'd love to hear from you guys on the likelyhood of attending.

Todd

P.S. Kris will be there this time

Last edited by Todd & Kris; 07-30-2001 at 11:00 PM..