View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

I wish I could say no problem you guys, and I hate to ruin Jamo's tribute here to me, but just want everyone to know I spent a while on Sunday with the Nugget event Director and a few facility engineers going over issues I had with Security for one shift period and they went over the ramp surface with me. The problem is not the rolling burnouts as they can be removed to some degree, maybe we can squeek by on those with cleaning and removal. The MAJOR issue is the 4 spots where people sort of dumped the clutch from a standstill (line lock?) and tore through coating layer on top, the next layer down, right to the cement bone layer. It created 1/4" divots about 6 inches long, and you can't just patch a spot here in there. It's an area repair. John's daughter took pics and we'll send them to anyone who wants to see. i'm hoping they will just let it stay as-is.

Next year it will be a $1000 fine per incident, and the offender will be immmediately ejected and permanently banned from WSCB if someone does a burnout in the upper garage 4th and 5th floor. Remember this is their showcase for other major Corvette and Viper events now too. We've sort of claimed that place as our home for WSCB, and it now feels a bit like someone doing a burnout in my driveway at my house. Wouldn't you want to kick some ass too if someone did that in your driveway? About 20 people came up to me and said they are there behind me ready to kick some ass if it happens again in the future.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Otherwise, WSCB 2007 was another incredible gathering of great people. I'm getting so many positive comments from friends and family that came up to see it and experience it. They love WSCB now and were very impressed with the whole deal and the attedees - all you guys. I really do appreciate all of your support everyone. Just help me with this next year, okay? Please.

Have a great summer everyone!

Last edited by decooney; 05-21-2007 at 09:45 PM..