Thread: NJ Inspection
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF#2572, 427 S/O 2X4
Not Ranked     
Default NJ Inspection

OK, I finally made it to inspection and have a first hand account of what they are looking for. Of course they failed me, but luckily they are minor items. The four items they failed me for are:

1. Exposed nut on the roll bar behind the drivers head. They either wany it covered in foam or replaced with a carriage bolt.
2. No side pipe covers. They want them installed on the car for inspection - in the trunk is not good enough.
3. Non DOT approved tail light lenses.
4. Ride height of vehicle is too low. They claim that no part of the car (oil pan, bell housing, suspension, etc.) can be lower then the bootom of your rims. The theory behind this, as explained to me, is that if you should get a flat, no other part of the car will bottom out. They claim I have to raise the suspension 1/2" so that my oil pan and bellhousing are above the bottoms of my rims. This should be an easy fix, as I have an adjustable suspension, but it is a pain in the a$$, and I will put it back the way it was right after the inspection.

I know there are a few other guys in NJ who are almost ready for inspecion and I thought some of this may help you, so that you can avoid the same problems.