View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BRG ERA street car w/428 PI, Sunburst wheels, undercar exhaust, original interior, no philips head screws!
Not Ranked     
Default Wiper Motor/Blade ?

Bob (or anyone else that can answer):

I'm trying to track down an NOS correct wiper motor and blades for my ERA that will start being built end of next week (according to Peter)!

The references for the motor, wheelboxes and arms that are in the book don't match what I believe to be original.

I have a good freind who is a Lucas part maven and has every Lucas part book back to the late 40's.

Anyway, the motor you have in your manual is for a TR6 and is round. In your picture gallery you show a picture of Peter's car (I think) with a square wiper motor. Additionally I have been emailing back and forth with Jim Maxwell who also has an original car and his motor is a DR3 type which is square. He gave me the following part numbers but the wiper motor appears to be incorrect (according to my friend).

Wiper blades are Lucas 738724. There are reproductions for Austin Healeys that are very close, just don't have the Lucas markings, but otherwise perfect.

The Lucas wiper motor is Model 073152 (DR3 is the type).

Any help on the correct wiper motor, blades, etc.

Thanks in advance