View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     
Talking Tulsa

hey Guys and Gals.

Every year in Tulsa they have had a 'track tour' which is basically a great way for novices to run the track. With a pace car (controlled speed) and 'no passing.' I have run it every year and really have enjoyed it, as a newbie. Last year I did it, and said 'wow, this was too easy! next year moving 'up' to level '3'. Well this year they have ELIMINATED the track tour level, so anybody running at Hallett will have to start at level 3. Pre-Registration is 'closed' on June 1st, but you can register there. I have never pre-registered any year i went, but am this year, because i think with their eliminating the track tour there may be more folks signing up for track day.
So this is just a heads up. Go to the Website, download the forms, and mail it in if you think you might want to do Hallett level 3.
I have decided not to do the Dragstrip at all- you know, you win it once you might as well let someone else have a turn

But I am doing the Road Course at Hallett both Friday and Saturday.
I have decided Road Course is what Cobra's are all about. What a challenge!

Level 3 I BELIEVE has controlled speed (still a pace car, but a bit faster) and controlled passing (like on two straights) but I am not 100% about that. Also, helmet is required on level 3, but not on the old 'track tour'. So bring your helmet. I don't know if passengers are allowed on level 3.

All these things we will find out.
If anybody knows this information already, please jump in and post it. I haven't done 3 before, so just don't know!
Am looking forward to 'da b!tch' with several of you.

k