Thread: Tulsa
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

www.midamericafordmeet.com

here you go! In Tulsa, June hmmm 14-17???
Father's Day weekend, which is a bummer. The Marriott I am SURE is booked, but the overflow hotel is the Tulsa Southern Hills- a Hyatt I believe.

Two track events.
Hallett- Road Course with excellent elevation changes, and 2 long and 1 short straightaways. Depending on level in which you are entered, you may 'pass' and not have controlled speed. I think level 3 is controlled speed and limited passing if any.
On Thursday evening, there is a Car Show on the main drag, and several blocks are barricaded off for a show of roughly 500+ cars. Maybe less. the Cobra's leave the hotel early, and arrive to park at the Sonic. Special treatment.
Friday after the track day at Hallett, is a visit time in the ballroom, with snacks served. Cash bar available. I think. Can't remember about Friday.
People mill around, and many vendors set up in the ballroom to hawk their wares. tshirts, magazines, engines..... (keith and Shelley were there last year)
Saturday. Back to Hallett, or you could chose to go to the dragstrip. About 20 minutes+- Northeast. Great strip, with grandstands. At the strip is a swap meet, giant yard sale, where you can find treasures and junk.

Saturday evening is a cocktail party (cash bar) and then banquet type dinner, that you must buy tickets for, and you attend with your friends.
or not. Usually Ford sends a rep to talk to us. The talk is pleasant, but usually an hour too long.
lots of door prizes given. typical banquet food, but some people skip it and go out to eat.
Sunday, Car Show in the parking lot of the Marriott, and adjacent office building. Free if you've registered. I've entered twice, and skipped last year. Usually about 10-15 Cobra's entered. CSX's are in a different category (old or new) than replica's.
After carshow, around 3 pm, they give out the awards for the carshow, and also for the dragstrip. Trophies, plaques, typical. Lots more door prizes!

Then by 4 or so start the 5+ hour drive back to Dallas! whew!!!

that's it, in a nutshell. I've been every year I've had the Cobra, and wouldn't miss it.
Nice combination of stuff.
Tons of track time (oh yes, Hallett is about 30 minutes west, northwest of Tulsa), and lots of party time.
The Dallas group hosts a parking lot party for those Oklahoma'n's that claim to be Texan's at heart.
I think that it's Friday night??
The Sonic Cruise on Thursday is great, the parking lot party on Friday is great, and the banquet dinner on Saturday night is great. (well not quite as great but nice) most of the Dallas group does go to the dinner.
Ford always has a nice video and show of the next big car to be introduced.
The GT, the Hertz, the 500, the.....
Come join us, and please look for me. I think I'm about the only girl there with a Cobra.
Oh. the only negative?? It is hotter than hell. I am not kidding. About had heatstroke last year after the dragstrip on Saturday.
humid. hot. humid. hot. hot hot hot and not the cool hot!!