Thread: Tulsa
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Da B!tch is Hallett's Turn 10. A 180 degree U-turn, the last turn before the Start/Finish line. It's one of those turns you really have to brake first, ride it out, and not accelerate too early. It's the one on the lower left:
well not quite, Miles, but you get an "A" for effort. A "C" for accuracy.....

"The B!tch" is actually between 8 and 9, that pretty little uturn that also has some elevation change, and happens between a de-celeration and up to a major acceleration BEFORE the wicked turn 10 that takes you to the start finish line.....
Nice try. And that, my dear dear friend, is where I'm gonna whup your a$$.

hehehehe!!!
yup, Steve, yours too! and yes, it runs counterclockwise. Jay says add 3 minutes to your total elapsed time if you run it clockwise. All because of 'da b!tch.
be glad we're running it counterclockwise.

Steve. An empty seat to Sonic will be possible, but have to wait and see. We usually pull out of the Marriott parking lot by 5 or before, so have the girls over there early enough.

I LOVE doing the dragstrip, but just decided this year not to do it. No real particular reason why, other than i am fine tuning my driving opportunities to Road Courses. I think my (most) Cobra(s) is (are) setup for the Road course, and unless you've got a 'dragonsnake' most modern cars are gonna whup your a$$ at the strip. They are fun, tho' and the adrenaline really gets going.

I am going to miss somebody, though. Just too much maybe.

oh btw. there is a virtual track tour on the Hallett track link on the midamerica webpage. Go take a look....
Rearview mirror, Miles, rearview mirror

Bernie. My pit crew loves me. And I love them.
oh, and will you help be my crew in St.Louis??
My 'pitman' from last year has decided to BUILD his OWN Cobra so I'm SURE he won't be available to help me. He'll be driving instead of riding.

Kristen