Thread: Hi and HELP!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

I have had air in both my Cobras. 1 was in my old blue 347 soft top (sold to cindrrr in California) and now my hard top red one.

Phoenix is just so damn hot that on the hot days you just don't drive. You just sit in your garage and tell lies about how much HP you have to your neighbors. Nights are good sometimes. Driving in traffic with the air on tends to work the temp up a bit so I always turn it off. The main thing in Phoenix is to keep the sun off your body as it is brutal! The soft top at speed tended to pull the top up and put stress on the windshield like most convertibles. The hard top, on the other hand doesn't do that. The heats still gets in the cock pit for all the 1 million reasons cobras get hot. My is about as insolated as you can get too. I took out my back window and get some breeze though there.

I have often thought I would make or get someone to make a vent cover that would screw onto the vent dash with hose attached to put under your shirt. Now that keeps you cool. Wife fells closed in with the side windows up and so the air really is kind of useless. You really don't get the full benefits of air. A lot of money without the real blast of air unless you are in a closed sealed area. One suggestion would be to get vents to both your feet and face. These units are small so they fit so number of outlets is limited and it is a very tight fit under the dash. See my gallery.

Same thing with the Stereo. Great when you crank it up but a lot of money to hear music.....but it looks good and in 5th gear you can hear it find. It all comes down to money.

My car is set up for the track but I never go to the track. Go Figure? What can I say.....