View Single Post
Old 08-02-2001, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra - RCR GT40
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Santiago,

I followed the referenced threads regarding your unfortunate plight as it was unfolding and I must admit that it appears you have been unfairly taken advantage of by Mr. Cavaliere. Not knowing your full story I will not comment on anything but what I have read on this forum and what I do know about E-M and their product.

From reading your posts I am of the opinion that you are an intelligent and reasonable individual and I am certainly sympathetic to your continuing problem. I assume by your statements, that E-M has been legally exconerated of any responsibility in this matter. While I can somewhat understand the reasoning for E-M not to be held legally responsible, it seems to me that as a matter of good business practice, they certainly should have, at the very least, shown you the courtesy of listening to your grievance and responded in some fashion. Furthermore, I agree with your assessment that E-Ms assertion (even if it was only verbal) of Mr. Cavaliere's "preferred builder" status puts E-M in the position of being morally responsible. While I have no reason to bash E-M since overall I am very pleased with the way I've been treated by them and with my car, I must admit that I am disturbed by their refusal to intervene on your behalf.

If my memory is correct, someone (MiamiCobra?) posted a similar thread recently about a problem with his Unique FIA Cobra, also incorrectly assembled by a recommended builder. In this thread, Unique (unlike E-M) apparently stepped up to the plate and accepted full responsibility for the mistakes made by this builder and made things right. This speaks volumes for Unique!! My opinion of Unique has always been high and after reading about how they handled that situation, I would certainly give them top consideration in any future purchase.

You seem to have a rational perspective of your options and all I can offer you is my sincerest regrets at seeing a fellow cobra owner get mistreated. I don't know how far you are (Pembroke Pines?) from the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area, but if there is any way I can help you out (mechanical labor, locating parts, etc.) I will do whatever I can to help you get your car right. Feel free to e-mail me if you think I can be of help to you.

Mike