Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanagofast
Thank You! What about build pics or video on a evo 6? It looks a bit like a Hurricane! Can you tell me what would make your car a better investment than a Hurricane, they are very complete.

Thanks again
Hi Again,
Seeing that you are a Canadian customer, I'll let Don answer most of your questions. You should give them a call, they are very helpful and can supply the pictures your requested (there are some pics in our gallery now). If you are buying a replica for investment you may find you do not get much for in the way of profit. Unless you are talking about Shelby, Kirkham or ERA, which are all above the $60,000 minimum to build, then you are just building for your driving pleasure. If you are looking for an advantage in buying a D&D Cobra over Hurricane, FFR or other U.S. companies, one big one is on import hassle. Check into threads here involving U.S. kits imported into Canada. As for the EVO frame it is completely different than Hurricane and only has a minimal resemblance to POWER PERFORMANCE, which is a very recently marketed company, D&D has been around for 15 years. If you do a cost comparison of what you get in the kits and what you have to source you will find D&D and Hurricane are very close in price, maybe D&D is lower at Don's summer sale price. Currently there are 30 or so active companies building Cobra replicas. I believe if you look around you will find similarities in all of them. Some of the advantages that D&D has built into the EVO 6 are listed below:

Interchangible performance parts with the EVO 5 racing frame
Frame was built with lightness as well as strength in mind (look at it closely)
Huge trunck area
Standard IRS
Comes rolling with doors and trunk hung
D&D is a custom builder and can alter the frame or parts to your specs

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Last edited by mj_duell; 06-05-2007 at 05:06 AM..