View Single Post
Old 08-02-2001, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing - High-performance 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine, 420 horsepower @ 6500 rpm.
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks to ...

...both of you for the moral support and the kind words.

Mike, you're right, E-M should have made an attempt at SOMETHING as opposed to just washing their hands of me.

Were they exonerated? I don't know for a fact, but I assume the first e-mail they received from me sent them running to their lawyer - or lawyers, who assured them I could not touch them. They then just proceeded to ignore everything. At first I was just asking for help, asking questions, not blaming them (I never did).

I am just sadly disappointed at how my dream car experience turned out and I'm reminded of it every time I go in the garage for something. The lame beast just sits there, askew on its frame, dripping fluids from every seam and plug. My ol' E-M Cobra.

You know how it is, you spend your early years lusting for that machine, you work your tuchus off buying your houses, your cars, feeding the family, doing the vacation thing, but never quite come close to saving 30+thousand to buy your dream car outright. But then, 40+ years later, you're there; so you do the research, talk to people, visit the factory and are assured this guy is the guy you want building your dream.

The guy talks the talk, is charming, seems to know the subject matter and intelligently dispels the miths, so you just grab the indsutrial can of Vaseline, apply it extensively and ask for it hard. My wife saw right through his BS. I should have listened to her but I was down half a can of Vaseline by then and there was no going back...

Anyway, we've beaten this horse beyond death so we'll just move on. I WILL stay on Cavaliere's ass and ensure that he does NOT come back to life as someone else (different name company). I will stay on top of the DMV and I will research the courts system for small claims avenues - on top of all he still owes me over 2 grand in penaltty money for NOT rebuilding the car on time (he boned me again by rebuilding it with more junk).

I will build a web site where I will post pictures of the crap he delivered, and I will send Bill S, the same, and other pictures for a diffrent web site he's volunteered to build for me. I've included a picture of the rear suspension he delivered. It is self explanatory. I don't know if it'll display. We'll see.

Last thing, Pembroke Pines is just north of the Miami-Dade County line in Broward County (West Hollywood?). I live right off I-75 (Turnpike/Sawgrass Expressway). I'm about 4+ hours from Saint Augustine and probably about 5+ hours from Jax. We used to live in Melbourne, on the Coast, about three hours closer to you then.

Thanks again for your support, and the mechanical help offer. Maybe I'll see you at the next Flash, Dash and Crash (or is it Flash, Dash and Trash???) near West Palm Beach.

Later!