View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for the info

The guy at Tilton seemed pretty confident, but often confidence is the root cause for passing on misinformation. So, take that info with a grain of salt.

Your investigation work into this problem is more convincing than anything I've discovered. I wasn't willing to pull the drivetrain, nor did i have the parts available...so I lived with my hack job until now.

I'll talk to Robb soon. I'm sure he is quite knowledgeable. His product line speaks for itself. You don't come up with some of the innovations he has without being in touch with the actual need; I'm sure he is quite a motor head.

I'll pull the starter and measure the depth...or search the lab notebook I keep on the car (yeah, I'm that much of a geek) and possibly find the info there.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to having a real solution to this; as well as an improvement. A 5:1 reduction starter is a nice piece! I'll post the results.

Byron