View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 11:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classics, red white stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Jack - I have your 72 Pantera

Talk about a small world.

Jack - I met you in Ft. Stockton 2 years ago. I have a 72 Pantera. I knew it came from Ft. Stockton. You said you had the only Pantera in the area. I'm from a small town myself, so I understand how you can be sure. You said it was originally white, but you painted it black. My car is red. I didn't think it had ever been black.

As I was driving back to Houston, I was wondering if the history of my car was correct. I knew it was originally white due to the white paint in the floor boards. I got out at a gas station, and checked some of the chips (old paint). Sure enough, it was originally white, then black, and now red.

You mentioned your Cobra while we were talking. You should enter it in the next Big Bend Open Road Race. Everyone would love that.

I enjoyed meeting you 2 years ago. I didn't get out this year or last year. Work has been busy. I'm shooting for next year, though.

The Pantera is doing fine. When stuff breaks, I repair it with either factory parts or suitable upgrades. I don't plan on putting wings or wide flares on it. It's going to remain stock appearing. Until recently, it was my daily driver.

Oh yeah, once the Pantera is 100% updated, solid, the way I want it, etc. I'm going to do a Cobra replica.