View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five
Not Ranked     

This was my first time, but will be there again next year for sure.

I had a great time and wish I could have gotten there earlier on Thursday or on Monday for the Mid Ohio activities.Friday Night Party was cool; the only problem I had with it is that it was my first time there and I was trying to talk to a few people but could only do it during breaks in the music like when the drawings were happening. The music was too loud to talk over. Maybe have some quieter music earlier on for people to talk and the live band later on. I liked the live band idea, just hard to get to meet people for the first time.

I love the idea of a group photo. If you could get a sign company or someone with a bucket truck to donate a little time so the photographer could get a little height that would be one sweet picture. I would buy one.

The rides on main street seemed to work very well, don't have any comparison but seemed fair to me. Hopefully I won't overheat next year .

As some one said somewhere else maybe you could assign other groups that come in an event, or part of an event, with the Ohio guys overseeing th entire weekend. That way more of you could participate, and or get some sleep over the weekend. There seemed to be some large groups from different areas that I am sure would be happy to take on different things. One group could be in charge of the rides for instance, one in charge of Friday party ect. I know some of the Michigan guys did the thurs cook out and another group helped out with the rides. Maybe make that a little more official. I know some things would be hard to do for out of state people but there seems to be enough that we could do.

Don't know if it has been done before but maybe some awards Saturday night and fewer speakers. Not serious awards but fun ones ( groups with the most members in attendance, most rides given on main street, ect. no judging just made up stuff). I did enjoy the speakers just seemed to go a little long to just listen.

Also next year if you could make sure my raffle tickets are near the top when the drawing happens, that Superformance is gorgeous. Got three tickets sat night and will buy more as the year goes buy.

By the way I guessed that was the surprise, I told my wife I bet they have another car right before you rolled it out.

Jim