View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

On the brake pedal box.

Here is a picture of the brake pedal box. In original Cobras the brake pedal box was not removable. Worse, the bottom of the pedal box was solid. The bottom didn't come off. It is VERY common for current owners of original cars to cut out the bottom of their pedal boxes so they can work on them. It is a most miserable chore to have to assemble a pedal box from inside the cockpit when the steering wheel is hitting you in the back and the gear shift lever is stuck in places I would rather not remember. Next time I have to install a pedal box in an original car I will hire someone from Cirque du Soleil to do it for me.

Anyway, here is what the bottom of our box looks like. It looks just like an original one, except we can unbolt ours and we rivet an aluminum access cover on the bottom of ours.

This is where we bolt the pedal box onto the car. There are two bolts in the rear (shown in the picture) and two bolts in the front. (not shown...at least yet).

Also, I had to take this picture from another one of our cars (Bobby Rahal's car ) because my guys are bolting parts on faster than I can type!

"Fear is the thief of dreams."

Last edited by David Kirkham; 07-03-2007 at 08:44 AM..