View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_Freddie
I thought it might get better when Lance Stander purchased the Superformance distributorship for all of the U.S. But, alas, it hasn't...it's even gotten worse. ...and I'm a very pleased Superformance owner for almost seven years now... !
Freddie, while I agree with some of your comments, I respectfully disagree with the latter. True, it's not where it should be, but at least you can now go to the Hillbank site and get a detailed parts list with prices (many which are reasonable, while a few make the local Corvette parts counter look like a bargain). That simply did not exist 2 years ago.

You just have to wade through all the Roush Mustang stuff to get to it (which might be the focal point of Lance's business model, with more volume and money to be made there and less on each SPF sale). This is especially true given the fact that the dollar is getting hammered against all currencies, including the South African rand where our beloved little cars are built. I'd be surprised after sales commissions, etc. if Lance is even making any "real" money on each sale?

-Dean #747