CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwall49
Gentlemen from Kirkham,
When dialing in the bell housing with the dial indicator, can a person take a reading at 0 degrees, then 45 degrees, then at 90 degrees and so on until you have made a complete revolution. And then look at the readings to see where to move the bell housing to get centered to .005? I've personally not done this yet but would like to know if my idea is all wet.

Regards,
Ron
P.S. your threads on all these subjects help out alot. It's better then searching for hours on the web.
Ron,

Yes, you can do that, but it will take a lot longer to do because you have to keep turning the engine over and over and over. Speaking of that, I forgot to mention you need to pull the plugs out to make turning the engine over easier.

Back to the 45 degree question.

There is really no reason to do it. I would just take the readings every 90 degrees. We have been doing that for 12 years now with NO problems.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."