View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Help!!!-ignition problems-1965-427

It can only happen to me. Went to try and start it today. Started to turn it over. After about 3 tries, i turn the key off and the starter continues to turn over. What the heck. So i turn my cutoff switch off. Starter stops. I have no keys in the ignition switch and i turn on the kill switch. Well there goes the starter again. This time when i turn the kill switch off, The starter continues to run. Yes, run. So i hurried and disconnected the battery. Removed the switch and put a tst light to it and it seems to be ok. Put it back together again without the key and attached the battery again. No starter operation, good. Put the kill switch key back in and the starter starts to engage again with no keys in the ignition switch at all. Is it possible that the new fender mounted ford solinoid switch is stuck open? Or is it the ignition switch itself that came with the American Autowire kit?

But heres the thing, through out the whole wiring installation, no problems. Utilized the kill switch to test wiring completion. Everything functioned o

Just dont know what gives.
Help
Automan