View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Unfortuantely I won't be home for another 2 weeks so I can't photocopy or send you a view of where the number could be....it was occasionaly on the actually curved part of the hinge which attached the trunk lid to the car. It was not on every car and on different places on some cars. This was in addition to the chassis number in the proper location on the manufacture's plate. This is information which I read and saw a photo of in one of my Cobra reference books.

Ok, here is my research answer when I got back home.....and I am going to apologize for my mistakes up front here, I screwed up in my reference as I didn't have my resource with me so here is the correction and my apology....In the book,
"Original AC ACE and COBRA" by Rinsey Mills...page 36, there is a picture of a stamped chassis number on a red bonnet (hood) hinge but the picture is not from a Cobra but from its earlier 6 cylinder version , the AC Ace. The hinges were sometimes stamped with the chassis number. I apologize for my mistake and hope I didn't lead anyone too far astray...

Last edited by fastraxsg; 07-25-2007 at 08:12 AM..