View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Recently got Lo Jack for my Lap Top, 3 year policy, part of a package deal so I'm not sure what the stand alone price would be.

It is monitored and 'checks in' to HQ once a day via ANY connection to the internet. Very difficult to detect and darn near impossible to delete once it's installed. Heck you can't even find out IF it's installed without knowing 'secret codes' and such.

You file a police report and Lo Jack kicks into high gear, transmitting the IP almost constantly once it's activated by HQ. At that point it's up to the police to track it and bust the bad guys. I THINK it has a 30 day time limit once it's 'theft activated', after that, I'm not sure what happens... I reckon my 'loss and damage' protection policy would kick in at that point and I just get a new computer.

What about cars, is their a time limit on how long the police will track it? Will the police BILL you for services rendered? My shop was broken into sometime back and the police BILLED me for a $150 for responding to the alarm! Come to find out, I had to REGISTER with the police department when I installed the alarm system (to whom I forwarded the police bill and they paid it).

I know it's not a car thing, but thought you might find the info interesting.

Last edited by Excaliber; 07-17-2007 at 09:31 PM..