View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 AC Aces, 1 w/289, 1 w/TBD
Not Ranked     

So far this has been a bit interesting. In addition to the Shelby item shown above by Rick, there is an entry from around '61 that shows a Dr Carrol Shelby driving a Maserati and Richard Petty driving a Lotus. Anybody know what Shelby has his Doctorate in?
Steve,
I think the book you have may have much info I would be interested in, but at this point I am not sure what it has and how best to get the in fo I am looking for. Perhaps a quick overview of what I am doing might help at this point. I am trying to compile a list of all (wishful thinking I know) AC Aces, Bristols, and Cobras that were actively being raced in So California. The list will hopefully include drivers, chassis #s, years raced etc and if for personal use only. The Cobras will be fairly easy to figure out since there is much history on them, but the others will take a little more digging. Can I take a rain check on accessing the SCCA records until I have a bit more of a database to work with and understand the project a bit more?
Thanks for the help everyone, this may take a while and all help is appreciated.
Jay