View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

Finally a few minutes to get back to the assembly manual! Lots of sales this week. Mostly from overseas.

Everyone likes to put the Tremec 5 speed in today. It is WAY better than the top-loader 4 speed transmission. I really don't like to drive the 4 speed cars any more.

To use the Tremec transmission, you MUST change the input shaft to the shorter shaft. Many transmission shops can do this for you...but WHY? When you can have all the fun yourself and convince your wife you NEED to buy MORE TOOLS!!!

So, you have to do a few things to be able to use your brand new TKO 600 tranny. We will start with the input shaft. It is the hardest thing to do and I always start with the hard things first. Kinda like when I start a new Chopin piece on the piano...I alway start with the "Presto con Fuoco" That way when I am tired I can do the easy stuff.

The first area to address is the input shaft. So, how do I change the input shaft on my Tremec TKO 600 transmission?

Just grab a cold one and I will give you the step by step procedure.

First, take off the input shaft snout. You will need a 1/2 socket for this.

"Fear is the thief of dreams."

Last edited by David Kirkham; 07-20-2007 at 05:00 PM..