Thread: Weber linkage
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Daytona (from USR) 302RDI Yates headed + Weber induction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Parker
I am begining the journey towards 48 IDA Weber installation on my 289. My manifold has the carbs facing each other with the fuel inlets on the outside.
I have heard conflicting information regarding which type of linkage is better. Some use the center bellcrank (relocated pivot) with the pairs on the banks connected together and some have used the center rod with connecting links to each individual carb; and some use a bellcrank with side pull. Since mine uses a cable to activate the current Holley I am inclined to incorporate this into the Webers installation as well. I have searched the site for pictures of linkage and found a few, but details are difficult to see. I would like to see some clear overhead pictures of various installs. Would some of you with Webers mind sharing your success?

Thanks
Hi Rick
Weber linkage is always a big deal. It depends of your specific requirements. I have modified an Inglese system to adapt it at my own configuration. I prefer to use a rod linkage than a cable. If you use a cable, you have a linear trottle opening (50% of pedal travel made 50% of trottle openning). If you use a rod linkage you can obtain a more progressive trottle openning at the beginning (50% of pedal travel can made only 25% of trottle openning). Obviously with a 100% of pedal travel you have a full trottle openning. This setting can be done according to the 90° cross lever angle position. This point is interesting to go smoothly out from a corner due to the higher trottle pedale sensitivity
Attached Images