View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Lone Star Classics LS427, 428 CJ engine stroked to 464, 580hp/590tq at flywheel
Not Ranked     
Default LSC rear anti-sway bar

After months of trying to find something I could adapt to the rear of my LSC I finally got my car on the lift and visioned what might work as a rear anti sway bar. The fronts made such a difference that I had to stiffen up the rear. I called Speedway Engineering again (who I used to help pick the front components) and in an hour had the components coming my way. I ordered (1) part # 608-100-095 1" x .095 wall x 34" length anti sway bar, (2) 613-1 straight arms, (2) 605C-100 shaft collars and (2) 605B-100 bronze bearings. Total cost $241.42

I used some 1/2 inch steel plate to make the mounting plates and then the support bar is 1/4 inch plate steel.

The LSC has a 1/4 inch plate welded to the frame to support the 4 link. I bolted the 1/2 plate to it and then used clamps to hold in place while I fit up everything. Once satisfied it was really just a matter of welding the tabs on the arms for the poly bushings to mount to that matched the location of the tabs already welded to my rear housing. The tabs on the rear housing are slightly angled to I matched the angle of the tabs I welded to the arm for a straight fit. I then marked all holes to be drilled in plates and marked where to cut the arms off. One more time off the car to drill and trim and it was back on and bolted up. After final fitment I took (2) 1/4" x 2" x 6" pieces of bar stock and welded between the top of the plate I made and the frame just for added stiffness. Total time to completion probably (8) hours, but most of that was "figuring it out" time. Once I knew what I was doing 3-4 hours and I was done. Doing it this way allows all to come back off except mounting plate.

If you will notice the bar goes just under the U jount between it and the rear input shaft. I had a couple of inches clearance using the 1/2" plate, and that is with the coil overs fully extended (no weight on rear), You need to make sure you have clearance so it does not rub on bumps.

I have not had it on the track yet, but look forward to it soon. I put a some pics in my gallery. Send me a PM if you want info or have questions. I can also be contacted at rblong333@yahoo.com

Bruce