View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force kit, LS1, 4L60, 4.09 LSD... Gone to Queensland!!!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo
Plums - is it possible to have a "switch" like this added to the LSx engines? I've got a similar feature on my GTI's aftermarket software, operated through the indicator stalk. I imagine you can do it via a temporary re-flash but most of us don't have the luxury (or the know-how), plus it's not very convenient.
There's no real way of flicking a switch and changing tables in the LS1 PCM (or E series PCM's for that matter).

That said, I just thought of a neat way to have a reduced power setting through flicking a switch. My idea will basically reduce timing (set by me in the PCM and MAP referenced), when the switch is flicked. The more I think about this, the better my idea gets. The car would drive normally at low throttle settings, but as the throttle is opened wider more timing will be pulled. In fact, if you drove the car normally, ie. sedately, you wouldn't even know that anything was different.....

This could be great for any LS1 Cobra owners wishing to have a "tame switch" for what ever reason

I'll do some testing and report back this weekend.