View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA2188
Roadwarrior. I recommend that you go to a Superformance dealer and drive one, and ask a lot of questions. Visit Unique, they make a real nice car. Fibreglass work is excellent - it is an extremely strong body - and standard equipment includes 12 inch Wilwood racing brakes. Then visit ERA in New Britain, Ct. Superformance is a "turnkey minus"; with Unique and ERA you can order a turnkey, turnkey minus, or complete kit that you can assemble if you have the time & skills. I had a Unique FIA that I bought with a few thousand miles on it. I upgraded the motor and put a few thousand miles on it in 2 years. Really enjoyed the car. I sold it in January and put a deposit on an ERA because to me, the ERA FIA encompasses a higher degree of engineering design, and is an exact duplicate of CSX2345 (the only FIA car that was not wrecked and repaired). The details in the ERA are outstanding - chasis is 3" * 4" rectangular tube instead of 2"*4", and is the most rigid of the group. The aluminum paneled trunk is a replica of the original, complete with fibreglass whell well. The passenger compartment, all aluminum paneled (identical to the original) with fibreglass wheel wells. The emergency brake handle is bolted to the frame, as the original. Same details in the aluminum clad engine compartment. I drove one in June of 2006 and decided that was the way to go. The Superformance is an outstanding quality cobra replica. I prefer the ERA due to the chasis details, and it is also made in the USA by guys you can talk to and visit while it's being built. My opinion is that - of those 3 cars - ERA is 1, Superformance is 2, and Unique is 3. As I said, my opinion, and everyone has one. So you need to check them each out by visiting the dealer and each factory, then form YOUR opinion. You will enjoy the heck out of each of them, and the research is a lot of fun.
Good luck. Rick D.
There is always one in every crowd. The poster asked about Uniques ONLY. He did NOT ask for opinions as to who made "the best" replica. As you said, that is very subjective and includes numerous variables.