View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

I wanted to get some pictures up today of the actual installation of the engine in a car. This car is going to be our next show car and I figured it would work well enough for our customers to see how we install an engine. Notice, there is nothing on the car right now. Usually, we would have the car completely assembled before we install the engine. But, we have several customers who want our new stainless side pipes and we need an engine in a car to make the final jigging on the side pipes so THERE WILL BE NO MORE WELDING ON OUR SIDE PIPES!!!! All you have to do is simply bolt them on when you get them.

The following pictures show the interior cockpit panels that we remove from the car when we are about to install an engine. We remove the tunnel, the "L" shaped panel that continues the tunnel shape in directly in front of the tunnel, and finally the "trapezoidial" shaped panel directly below the firewall. "Trapezoidial" is a dumb term we coined here...and it stuck.

I have to run to a piano recital tonight, and Sandwich is getting married tomorrow so I will post again on Monday! Have a GREAT weekend!

"Fear is the thief of dreams."