View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing - Silver Gray w/ Titanium Silver Stripes, 351W (435HP), TKO 500
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineslinger
That's BS. You fork out over a grand for a new gear box and the damn thing won't turn?
Why isn't Tremec solving the problem instead of you seeking help in here, you should go after them to send you a piece of properly functioning equipment.
Let them know a lot of other buyers in here will be reading about the problem and how they responded.
Well...its looks like I have the problem fixed. I very un-scientifically just kept F&@%ing with the input shaft and the shift lever until I got it to break loose. It now turns easily by hand through all the gears.

I do find it rather amusing that the first paragraph in the Tremec Installation Tips says...

Pre-Installation
While unlikely, the transmission may be stuck between gears if the transmission was placed on end during shipment. Before installing the transmission into the vehicle, make sure that the transmission turns freely. Simply turn the input shaft by hand and attempt to shift the transmission into each gear. If you are unable to turn, or shift the transmission, please contact the distributor where you purchased your transmission for further instructions.

I think they should change the first sentence to "Most Likely". I had no idea so many people had problems with this until I starting searching the forums.

Oh well. I am back in business now. I thank everyone who responded for their input !!!