View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automan
Thankyou all for your responses. Here are some answers to your questions. This is all new. I havn't yet tooken it for its first run because of this problem.

You said that it looks like i am running it in my primary only. Newbe here. What do you mean. I notice that the diaphragms are connected together. My points distributor has two outlets. I though thats where both diaphragms get connected. I see that you all have your diaphragms connected together. If that is so do i plug up the ones coming from the single points distributer.The secondary diaphragms vacuum lines are tied together to synchronize them when opening. The distributor should be tied to the base of the carb.
64 427 2x4 engines did not have a vacuum advance distributor.

So with the firewall linkage bracket. When the accelerator pedal is in it's home position, should that bracket be facing straight down instead of pointing alittle forward like mine is? Pointing a little forward is fine. Yours looks to far forward, The lever on the passenger side should be straight up.

I see no one is using a universal connection like i am. I should probably try and find and buy a origional linkage.

I will see if i can find a place to mount the spring on the other side. I really dont want to loosen of a manifold bolt to mount the bracket. I am afraid of creating a leak. There should be two 5/16" taps on the manifold on the driver side to mount a bracket for a spring return Thaks again. Keep it coming. I could use all the help i can get. Summer is creeping by and i still havn't felt it out on the road.

Automan
Do you have the pieces that came with the carb base mounted linkage. It looks like the original style. The Carbs are not original style 2x4 carbs.

Last edited by Naumoff; 08-06-2007 at 03:54 AM..