View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Carb 302
Not Ranked     
Cool

And now for the real story………..
A very reliable source has informed me that Jim, The Bling , has recently completed an on-line creative writing course offered through the University of Almost Certified which is located 31 miles south of You Are Here, ID. His second assignment, which he has posted here, was to be a first person, real life experience. Unfortunately (for me) Jim has wrapped his literally skills around the concept of hyperbole. His essay contains a number of misleading statements. I will address but a few.

“As limiter switches gave way and each Cobra began to omit a constant flash from shift lights we must have given to the locals the eary appearance of fire flies on the hunt.”
That statement would lead the average reader to assume that Cobras were blurred, engines screaming, hair catching on fire and G forces approaching the human limit. The fact is Jim’s rev limiter is set at 3,061 rpms. Jim is an exact guy.

“I never knew before following Steve just how far wind pressure could smear a June bug.”
That statement is the most accurate in Jim’s post. Jim would have a meltdown if a bug would attach it’s self to any part of his vehicle. On a recent run, I assisted Jim in setting his idle rpm. Upon opening the hood I was blinded by the reflection of hundreds of sq. inches of chrome and polished stainless steel. A innocent motorist was distracted by the flash and narrowly missed a septic tank truck when he drifted into the oncoming lane of traffic. After applying sun bloc and donning a welder’s helmet, I managed to get the screwdriver on the adjusting screw and set the idle at 850 rpm. As I was ready to close up the engine bay, thinking we were done, Jim complained that the idle was low as it should be 861 rpm.

Rick,

If you do come up and accept Jim’s offer bring plenty of detailing spray and a roll of micro fiber material as you will be cleaning old 96 quite often. If you get to examine Jim’s engine bay do it on an overcast day. Oh by the way; that little sticker between the chromed four bbl carburetors is an inspection sticker from the American Medical Association allowing surgery to be preformed within the engine bay.

And that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!!!!!!

Steve