View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     
Default R32 GTR Diff Mods for Harrison

I know Sambo was asking about GTR rear, well I've dug out the old photos. This info should be just as relevent for R33 rear.

This is a standard GTR rear, not a V-Spec.

Main cradle mounts cut back/modified to fit Harrison. Yeah, those 4 mounts( 2 at front, 2 at the rear) with the big holes that take 22mm bolts. Heavy track use has seen this rubber inserts tearing out even with large washers used, so now they are solid mounts.

Original GTR hollow light-weight swaybar has been removed.

You can't see it, but the front rubber mounts in cradle for diff carrier have also been replaced with solid alloy bushes.

Handbrake cables also done.

The cross-drilled vented rotors are standard oem GTR.

Also notice the bright orange "use LSD oil only" sticker on the rear alloy diff cover. This is the easiest way to be sure the carrier is GTR(mech LSD).

You can see the modified lower shock mounts. This is one of the extra hassles of fitting a GTR rear, it's a lot harder to mount the shocks.

Notice the finned diff cover, not all GTR's have it. I think the later ones don't have fins and I've got a feeling R33 GTR don't.

The rear steer has been disabled. Also the rear carrier mounts which have also been converted to solid as they tore out with heavy track use.

Like my quality paint job. Well I did spend the time and prep it right.

Our Cobra body/chassis has not arrived at this stage of the build.

Warren, you've done this much more recently, did I miss anything? (These photos were taken nearly 5 years ago)

Last edited by 400TT; 08-25-2007 at 02:55 PM..