View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Diff was untouched by us when fitted to the Cobra just under 5 years ago. Other than mods required to fit it.

Since then my brother has tightened up the LSD and replaced wheel bearings.

CV Joints will be next, but they are still original.

I'm sure that rear-end had a real easy life in the GTR before we got it. Yeah right.

No problems with anything else.

Cobra runs a turbo 1UZFE(Lexus 4lt).

Has done 15,000km's+ on the track over the past 5 years. Competes in Sprints, Hill Climbs, Drags and even a drift event. Regular Drag Test & Tune meets. On a good day does 11.6 sec 1/4 mile on street tyres(not drag street tyres etc).

One thing you can say, is that these Skyline rear-ends are reliable. Not like the Tremec 3550 gearbox that gets regular work done to it due to all the track work.

Other than replacing all the rubber bushed mounts with solid, it's been good as gold. I have just recently picked up another GTR centre as a spare for my bother. The GTR rear-ends are not compatible with the lower model Skylines(GTS-T) etc.

Of course it's been through brake pads and rotors like they are going out of fashion.

We also used Skyline R32 GTR alloy front uprights on fabricated A arms and GTR front/rear brakes.