View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Yeah, was talking to Gary a couple of months ago up here. He dropped into the QLD breakfast meeting. He's still planning to retire to the Gold Coast. I reckon he would love it here, would really suit him.

Gary certainly is a force to be reckoned with. I can still remember the Cobra Nationals at West Wylong 7 years ago when John & I took home 4 trophies between us. And that was nothing compared to Gary, he has been that competitive for that long.

Actually I know that John won't care what trophies he wins, he never has. If he can do better times than last year and have a reliable car he will consider it a perfect weekend. Same as most of the people here. If he is lucky enough to win again, then it just goes to show again that you can be competitive with a cheap ass car.

That's the great thing about the Nationals, nearly everyone is just there to have a good time and improve their skills, through some healthy competition of course.

Only 5 weeks to go. Been trying to get the Cobra ready in time, but it's looking like I will just, and I mean just, miss the boat. Still got 5 weeks though, so anything is possible, it's out of my hands at the moment though.

PhilM, how is yours going?

Last edited by 400TT; 08-25-2007 at 09:02 PM..