View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 08:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANMADD
I have a 406 small block,0.030,Aluminum heads,H beam rods (6"),full floating pistons ,Iski small base circle cam 254...0.575 lift ,solid lifters and 1.6 roller rockers.I built this and other similar motors ,Ford included, myself after to many bad experiences with machine shops.
This motor pulls 8000rpm,and just screams from 3000 up.
Sounds pretty "HOT" there CHANMADD! When I get a few othe projects out of the way I want to upgrade to a roller cam and some AFR heads. That should get me over 500 hp.

I never did get an all out run with the FE! We did get to play a little when we were out on a cruise, he didn't like the out-come. The first time I think I made him a little gun-shy. While he was looking for a gear I had a couple of lengths on him, shocked the heck out of him! We rolled'um on a couple of other times, I stayed in front but not by as much as the first time! He don't bad-mouth SBC's any more!

Al