View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier
I already have my sequence number, that part is completed. Now I am getting ready to have my car inspected and get it registered but have some questions because I see some differences within the forum on the process or details thereof on the continuation to finalize the registration.

Is this right? In this order...

- Go to DMV for TOP.
- Is that a 3 day or 30 day TOP I can get?
- Is there a web link to the paper work I must have?
- CHP Inspection for VIN.
- BAR for final inspection.
- Do I have to get a light inspection first?
- Do I have to have a PCV valve? I only have a breather?
- Do I have to get a temporary reverse light?
- DMV for plates where I shell out the cash.

Thanks.
Since you already have a sequence number, then you must have alredy submitted the request for title form, paid your use tax and registration fees, and submitted your MSO. You should have received from the DMV (on the day you applied for title) a TOP and a CHP VIN verification form. If your TOP has expired, then you are correct that you need a new one - get one for at least 3 months, if you can - the longer the better, since it usually takes a while to get the VIN verified, the BAR inspection and brake/lamp inspection (if required <- the DMV would have told you this already when you applied for the title).

With a valid TOP, call the CHP and schedule a VIN verification. Call the BAR and schedule a smog inspection. I didn't have a PCV and I got my SB100 sticker. Call for a brake/lamp inspection. BTW, it's best to get the CHP to verify the VIN first, then you can go to either the BAR or Brake/Lamp in any order - the later two will want to use the VIN number for the paperwork, so that is why it's best to get the CHP VIN verification done first.

Hope this helps,
Randy...