Thread: 427 Blues
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 427 Blues

Well: it was early Sunday morning at 500am and i decided i would take the cobra to work. Things are going smooth. Doing 60 miles at 2200 RPM. 355 gears in the rear. Look in the rear view mirror and i see some white smoke coming from my right side. Take my foot of the gas and then back on to see it disappear. Don't trust the gas gage yet so i pulled into the gas station and filled here up. Went to start her up and nothing. Just a WHA WHA as if the starter was extremely tired. Called the wife for the booster. That went over really well. Hooked up the charger and the same thing. My brotherinlaw comes and we try to jump start it. Nothing. but then suddenly it starts when i go to turn it over by the key. Brother starts waving his hands for we to shut her down. Calls me over, i get out to see the drops of antifreeze dropping out of my side exhaust. What the ----!!!
Tow it home and call the engine builder. He says for me to tear it down, rmove the head and he will come over and see whats happening. He's coming over tonight.
Things that i seen. Head gasket looks torn right infront of the number 1 piston. Both sides. Over top of the big water jacket. The Push rod, top dome that sits underneith the adjust is broken. The broken piece was sitting right on top of the head. And the end bolt by the cylinder that was filled with water(because the piton head is clean compared to the other 3)didn't have the torque like the otherones.

Im almost done.