View Single Post
Old 08-17-2001, 09:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA, 2002 Corvette Z06, 2005 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Not Ranked     

Andy,
I have run my car at Willow in both configurations...three days with the comp. windshield, and two day with a standard windshield. I have lap times from those runs, as well as noting the top speed I was able to hit at the end of the straight.

With the comp. windshield: I could top out at about 133mph and still climbing going into turn one, and my lap times were in the 1:36 range.

With the standard windshield: I could only muster about 126 or so, and it seemed to hit a "wall" as far as top speed, not wanting to climb nearly as fast as before, and my times dropped dramatically to the 1:40-42 range, with the exact same setups.

There was definitely a big difference between the two, not only in terms of speed and lap times, but also driving comfort. The stock windshield allowed me to hear what the engine was doing, and I relax from all the buffeting that occured with the smaller windscreen. The small one also wanted to rip my helmet off my head with the full face helmet, so I switched over to a visor-ed helmet so I could tilt my head down to keep my helmet from being ripped off my head. I actually had bruises under my chin from the full face helmet being lifted off my head at speed.