View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     
Default I am Glad Sumbody is havin' fun!

At TMS Saturday evening, waiting for the SCAT club's turn...

We had about 14 in our run group. Although written and said everywhere that the "max. speed" be 75, our pace car took off. So did the 6-7 cars in the front of the line. Then came a chicken. Then another chicken. Then another chicken. Then me..... Tried to get the chickens to move a little faster. Did the yoyo. That worked some. The 500 behind me caught on, and we'd lag back so we could zoom up.
fun!!!!!
needed about 5 more laps to make it really work, tho'.
the first chicken in line said "I got up to 80!" I'm happy for her...

I think Gary M. and a few at the front squeeked out 105 or so. wow!
The turtle group (that I'm sure would have been passed if given a couple of more laps ) maybe got up to 85-90.

Very impressed with the first trip to the track with the 500. Trucks rode along the wall so we couldn't hug the high bank, but getting as high up as we could was fun, and then swooping out of 3, down to 4, and the front straight was great. Well once we figured out the yoyo thing.

The worst part was when chicken #1 PUT ON THE BRAKES on the back straightaway.... her words... "I followed the rules, and didn't want to go over 75". Rules are great; I have no problem with rules. The pace car sets the rules. If the PC was going 50 the whole time, then fine. We go 50. If the PC goes 75... we go 75. If the PC goes 100, we go 100. I think he took us a bit faster 'cuz we were a good looking mustang group with fast cars. At the front of the line was Don A. with his great Mach 1. Love the color! Kinda butter yellow and lemon mixed together. He said he was momentarily surprised when the PC took off, but just thought oh well, let's go!!

Anyway, I'd drive across the metroplex anytime to do that again.
Very cool! Finally bought a bumper sticker with TMS on it for the trailer. Oh, and a tshirt with "Laps for Charity".
Ya'll should try this sometime! The Cobra group could easily do this. All you waxers could see what it's like on the big track without damaging anything or freaking out or anything. Very controlled, not all day, and fun!
Let's watch for the next one and go out as a Cobra group.

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 09-09-2007 at 07:40 AM..