View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 559. 410 Stroker 72 block AFR205 Heads, Solid roller lifters, Comp Cams XR286, Eagle 4" stroke internally balanced with chevy journals, Oliver rods, Probe Forged pistons, Mighty Demon, Super Victor, MSD Digital 6.....
Not Ranked     

Your not raining on the parade, you just bought a "cheap" trailer at retail...

This is not a "cheap" trailer, nor is it at retail... It is a quality "inexpensive" trailer priced to members at volume dealer pricing...

I agree on the axles, Torsion axles are available as an upgrade for $200/axle for 3500lb axles and $325/axle for 5200lb axles.

This price in a direct "dealer" price, with volume... I had to meet all the dealer requirements to recieve this pricing and guarantee payment of all orders. If you where to buy one from the factory, actual dealer cost is $4490. You would be buying this trailer in excess of $5500 from any dealer.

Keed in mind that the price of $4100 is NET VOLUME DEALER COST. plus shipping, etc... Frontier is hardly a mom & pop venture and builds trailers from as small as 5' x 8' and as big as 48' goosnecks and provide a 3 year warranty.

One thing you will leard from me is that I drive a hard bargain. I pay retail for nothing and only buy NICE things... If that means I need to provide volume to do so, then that Iwill do. This has been the case with the cars, motor, homes and any and ll toys.... I guarantee that I can make a dollar go further than most... That does come as an expense though, and that expense is time and research of which i'm willing to do and pass on to my fellow friends, family and in this case other Cobra enthusiets.

My motivation was to get a great trailer, at a great price for myself... I quickly found out that the middle man (dealer) couldn't provide what I wanted unless I put $500 or more in his pocket... nah, won't do that....

This is also the price point most of us weekend warriors want to be within, and we can now do it without buying someone elses hand me downs, used and sometimes abused trailers without any warranty.
TKO 600 .82 OD (Road Race)
HP= Enough!!