View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DIY Coupe, F/T ,MkIV.
Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlampe
Thats how you are going to leave me? Come on, tell me where you would set the starting point.
Cant stand the thought of a grown man crying

380 cu in =778.38cc per cyl . Therefore;

Idle jet.............. 70 to 75
Idle jet holder..... your 120 should be Ok given that you will be increasing jet size.

Now you get to the main circuit- You have to get real honest about which category you would put yourself in here- Hi Perf Road or Competition. In your case I would suggest that you might have to consider having two jetting setups for your car especially if you intend comp use due to the extremely strong signal that motor is going to give the carb when you start to explore the upper RPM range.

Choke size.........42mm Road-45mm Comp
Main Jet............170 Road---180 Comp
Air Corrector.............On the Road application around 200 thru 220 air- for Comp air should be smaller than main jet by around 50/60 eg 110/120 Air.
Emulsion tube.......Keep the F16 for Road but try F7 for Comp
Pump exh .........50

Finally I must remind you to be real careful particularly in regard to full power runs in the higher gears particularly with the larger air correctors you currently have installed, a hi speed leanout is very likely under these conditions with all the tears ( real ones ) that will accompany it. Those 40mm chokes on a large cube motor only increase the risk factor. I am sure it feels nice & responsive now in short bursts of acceleration, but when you really start to get serious they will cause some problems. looking at your engine specs you have a race engine- not street engine, treat and tune it accordingly; ie dont spend any more time than you have to under 3000 rpm.

Jac Mac