Old 09-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 665, 390 (to start with) Toploader
Not Ranked     
Default Yes Hushpower II

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic
Chuck, I remember that you put the flowmasters, hushpower, on. Is that what you are running now? What size tailpipes are you running also? Maybe just pinching them down one size will make all the difference in the world. I install a lot of electric cutouts for customers. That might be an option for track time. Possibly just reducing the last half of the tailpipes, and put the cutouts in the first half.
Yes I have the hushpower IIs on now, 2 1/2" dumping in front of the rear tire. I have a dream of some kind of ovalized 2 1/2" running up over the axle and into tail pipes. I don't think it's the sound level so much as that it's right next to you. And it was a problem when I picked Audrey up from kindergarden on friday, kids were crowded around and I had to shoo them back because of the exhaust coming out the side where they weren't expecting it. Anyway, maybe I'll tackle that project this winter.

Chuck

Here is what the new exhaust looks like, except I ended up extending the dumps a few more inches to get them outside the body.

Last edited by chuckbrandt; 09-17-2007 at 12:47 AM..